Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Year of the Rabbit!

新年快乐!

A little belated, but Chinese (Lunar) New Year was just this past week, on Feb 3rd. It's a time to get together with family to celebrate the new year with wishes for good luck and prosperity, so Dong and I both got vacation this week to go back to NYC. Unfortunately, I had to go into the New Year with a new wound:

my cast, darn it!
I had a 'non-displaced fracture' in my right wrist from snowboarding at Windham, so it definitely put a damper on the rest of my activities that week. But I got the cast off and now have a much more maneuverable (and removable) splint, so now I can shower without a plastic bag on my hand! Love the small pleasures of life!

However, the new year wasn't all bad - I found out that I got licensed, yay! But with great pay comes great responsibility... Another pleasure of life - receiving lai see, or hong bao:

Happy Year of the Rabbit!

And still doing the pic a day, to be updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment